- Expressive LC synth-weighted keyboard
- Motion Control Synthesis unifies and controls AWM2 and FM-X sound engines
- 192-note total polyphony: 128-note stereo AWM2 + 64-note FM-X
- Super Knob controls multiple parameters simultaneously for highly expressive sound interaction
- Send 10/receive 4 audio channels plus 16 channels of MIDI via a single USB cable
- Live Sets allow Performance organization without copying, renaming, or changing order
- 4-Part Seamless Sound Switching: change Performances while holding notes without sound or effect cutoff
- Direct Control Assignment assigns controls at the touch of a button
- The A/D input processes external audio sources with your instrument’s DSP
- Motion Sequences drive synthesizer parameters through rhythmic control data you can interact with in real time
- Envelope Follower allows internal or external audio to be used as a synth parameter control source
- AWM2 provides data compression without sacrificing sound quality
- 1GB internal flash memory lets you install your own samples and external libraries for a completely personalized sound set
- FM-X 8-operator FM synthesis delivers amazingly dynamic sonics and complex sound design
- Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and signal processors
- Sidechain automatically controls dynamic behavior of parts separately from one another
- Vocoder effect re-creates classic voice-synth sounds
- Rhythm Pattern for effortless addition of drums or percussion to any Performance
- USB-to-host allows audio/MIDI connectivity to your USB-equipped computer or iOS device
- USB-to-device port allows connection of USB flash drives for loading and storing data
- Advanced Integration with Mac/PC
For the synthesist needing unique sound design capabilities, MODX is a synthesizer with an 8-operator, full controllable FM-X engine. MODX features deep programmability, controllability and a huge amount of polyphony.
Only found in Yamaha music synthesizers, the AWM2 engine offers much more than just sample playback. Each of the 16 AWM2 parts feature eight fully-programmable synthesizers with a filter (18 different types!,) amplitude, pitch and filter envelope generators, nine LFOs, 3-band EQ and a dedicated dual insert effect with Virtual Circuitry Modeling.
FM-X is an amazingly sophisticated pure synthesizer engine capable of producing classic ‘80s or cutting-edge, EDM sound with incredible dynamic range, power and fidelity. MODX features an 8-operator FM architecture and 64-note polyphony, allowing for a massive array of sound design options.
192-NOTE TOTAL POLYPHONY
MODX features 128-note stereo AWM2 polyphony and 64-notes of FM-X polyphony. Due to the unique architecture of MODX and MONTAGE, this polyphony is always available without latency or compromising other features.
SSS (Seamless Sound Switching)
Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) lets you change performances seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects. This is perfect for live performances where you end one song and start another without stopping.
* This function is only available for Performances that have a maximum of 4 parts.
MODX includes 1 GB of non-volatile user flash memory with high speed reading/writing for your own custom samples or synth libraries from yamahamusicsoft.com.
From high definition reverbs to incredibly detailed Virtual Circuit Modeling (VCM) effects, MODX is loaded with DSP innovation, power and, most importantly, sound quality. Use effects like Beat Repeat, Vinyl Break or Bit Crusher to get EDM sound. The Spiralizer effect creates the auditory illusion of a tone continually rising or falling in pitch without getting higher or lower.
You can even add a compressor with sidechain for a modern “ducking” effect. Or go retro with vintage effects like Analog Delay, VCM Phaser or a variety of Amp Simulators. Piano players will appreciate piano-focused effects like Damper Resonance for a super-realistic piano experience and the HD reverbs that let you put yourself in any performance space.
Coupled with two A/D inputs, MODX is a perfect centerpiece for any professional recording studio or live computer rig.
Automatically control the dynamic behavior of one part from another. Sidechain is very popular in modern dance music where a pad or other sustain part is “keyed” to the kick drum. When the kick drum plays, it ducks down the sustained part creating a “pumping” rhythmic effect.
MULTI-CHANNEL USB AUDIO INTERFACE
As expected for modern computer-based music production, MODX features a professional 4-in/10-out, multi-channel USB audio interface. A single-cable connection replaces the need for an external audio interface. iOS compatible.
The Super Knob allows simultaneous control of up to 128 parameters in a single Performance. This means you can control nearly anything from mix functions like volume, pan and effect sends to detailed synth parameters like filters, LFOs and Operators.
That’ s 128 parameters…SIMULTANEOUSLY!
The Super Knob can even be assigned to a second FC7 foot controller making it easy to manipulate the sound when playing with both hands.
Motion Sequences are tempo-synchronized, completely customizable control sequences that can be assigned to virtually any synthesizer parameter and provide incredible new ways of creating sound.
Motion Sequences also have dedicated controls on the front panel making it easy to manipulate and change in real-time, providing incredible interactivity and expression.
The Envelope Follower converts audio into a control source for control of virtually any synthesizer parameter. For example, a drum loop could drive effects parameters for a cool rhythm or a vocal recording could control multiple parameters for a “talking” synthesizer. The audio can even be a “live” source through the A/D input.
AUDIO BEAT SYNC
ABS (Audio Beat Sync) detects the beat of and external device like an electronic drum kit, drum machine or audio player plugged into the A/D input and synchronizes the MODX Arpeggiator, Motion Sequencer or Songs to the tempo of the external input. The MODX synthesizer “listens” to live music and plays in time.
CUBASE AI BUNDLE
MODX is bundled with Cubase AI, Steinberg's professional music production application that offers integrated recording and editing.
Designed for musicians on the go, MODX is compact, lightweight and mobile.
The MODX6 weighs in at 14.6 lbs, the MODX7 at 16.3 lbs and the 88-note weighted Graded Hammer Action MODX8 comes in at a svelte 30.4 lbs.
1 x Yamaha MODX6 61-Key Synthesizer